Saturday, July 2, 2011
Thank God it was Friday!
Hello all! Shannon here-
*sorry about the delay, we have had a couple of really busy days.
As the first of July came to a start we were on our way to finish up our final project. Through teamwork and dedication we were able to finish the final project! Yesterday also happened to be Mrs. Carty's birthday so we made her a cake and sang happy birthday to her after lunch. She loved it so much she said "this is the best birthday I ever had." this made a few of us tear up...maybe just mama jane and myself. After our tear filled goodbyes we headed back to ms.betty's house to deliver flowers for her new deck. We were able to say goodbye to her and peanut(also tearful) and then we headed back to grace house. After packing and preparing for the evening we joined at the dinner table for ms.Anita boyd's homemade chicken and dumplings. We also had mashed potatoes and cooked greens. Man, this dinner was delicious! I believe everyone who ate them loved them. After dinner we rode on the bed of Jerry's pick-up truck. It was so cool! then, we headed to Lay's hardware store in Coeburn VA. You may be asking why. Well, in fact this isn't a hardware store at all it's a bluegrass club. We danced the night away to the sounds of the banjo and the mandolin. We all learned how to do the two-step. The boys were the first ones on the floor learning the dances from some nice women who immediately clicked with Patrick. Patrick had Lucas and Troy dancing with his new friends in a heartbeat. Then when the music really got started we all learned how to do it. Rachel was particularly popular with the under 12 crowd while the rest of us were more popular with the over 65 crowd. Mama jane and mrs.P were also dancing their feet off. No matter what the age was we all had a whole lot of fun with our new friends in Coeburn. As the night came to a close we all piled back into the car and trekked back up the mountain knowing we were going to sleep nice and good that night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You all have accomplished so much this week! Congratulations to all the Master Deck Builders!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a treat to feast on chicken & dumplings, mashed potatoes and greens, a pick-up truck ride, plus deck building lessons. The Boyd's are the best!!!
The evening of dancing and music was the perfect way to finish the week. I saw clips of some of the dancing and it looked like a great time! Love that music!
Congrats again on a successful week!
(Aunt)Deb
I am SO jealous...what fun the dancing and company and food must have been! But more than jealous I am happy, so happy for all of you. What a wonderful, magical, BLESSED time you have enjoyed together! I praise God for giving you these rich and rewarding times and experiences and memories together and I praise God for each of you, that you wanted to serve Him and others, and to give of yourselves so generously. I don't know what to say--call me goofy (you know I am) but all I can do is grin from ear to ear. I am so glad and grateful that you were able to do so much and learn so much and enjoy so much. Get home safe! In His Love, MLA
ReplyDelete